Facilities for Spiritual Growth
The physical, mental and emotional development aims at building up the personality, raising the individual out of the amorphous subconscious mask and making it a well-defined self-conscious entity. This needs to be supplemented with the spiritual education of the individual, giving him the true motive of life, the reason of his existence upon Earth, the very discovery to which life must lead and the result of the discovery.
Keeping this in mind, the Central Board has laid down : “It is expected that students should have undergone courses/activities aimed at moral and spiritual values. The Schools may draw up their own programme for the purpose……….”
The school has a comprehensive programme of imparting spiritual values. This is done through :
- The singing of devotional songs during the Morning Assembly.
- Interpretation of prayers and scriptures.
- Celebration of religious festivals.
- Organizing lectures on different religions.
- Formal teaching of Divinity in the classes. All Students are required to undergo a course in Divinity which is treated as a subject. A student is not promoted to the next class unless he/she passes in it.